The flowers native to Eurasia, Carnations, first came under the hands of Romans and Greeks. The fun fact about these beauties is that they keep blooming for a long time even after getting cut. Read this article till the end to learn more about carnations.
Meaning and Symbolism
It refers to pure love, motherly love, affection, eternal grief, admiration, loyalty, gratitude, and charm. Due to multiple different meanings, you must choose this flower wisely, depending on the color. To avoid misunderstanding, just tell the receiver the meaning you chose.
Christians believe that carnations took birth from the “Tear of Mary” when she saw Jesus carrying the cross. That is why many people relate it with motherly love. As pure as a white pearl. During Mother’s Day season, the flowers usually get out of stock as almost every customized bouquet for Mother’s Day contains carnations in it.
Contrary to this. Carnations are considered to be the flower of bad luck in some regions such as France. As carnations also present gratitude and admiration, the flower is also used widely on teacher’s days to show thankfulness.
It would not be wrong if we refer the scent of carnations to heavenly sweetness or something like mild candy.
It is easy to take care of carnations. There are different types of carnations among which tall one would be tricky to handle. So, to give your plant a direction it is highly recommended to use any sort of support. The flower multiplies itself during dry climate conditions. The plants need to be watered at least two to three times in a whole week. To grow in its full swing, the plant would require around six hours of good sunlight daily. It prefers well-drained slightly alkalized soil.
- The petals of these flowers are edible.
- The consumption of carnations in a regular diet allows you to deal with depression efficiently.
- It gives an immediate boost to your mood which also results in better performance and productivity.
- Carnation’s petals are also included as the main ingredient candies, wine, and other sweet cake decorative items.
- You can also add carnations into your salad to have some unique look and taste enhancement.
- However, it has been observed that many individuals have found skin irritation, so it is highly recommended to use only organically grown carnations for eating purposes.
- As far pets are considered, try to keep them away as it may cause some significant digestive issues to them.
Benefits for Skin
- The extraction is beneficial for skin rashes and eczema.
- Many well-known brands add carnations to their products as the main ingredient because they had great anti-aging properties.
- It helps to reduce wrinkles and brings a natural glow to your skin.
Benefits for Physical Well-being
- It contains some elements which help relaxing brain cells.
- Its usage is beneficial for swelling relief too.
- The carnations flower scent helps you to deal with motion sickness issues.
- The oil extracted from the flower is a cure for paralyzed body parts.
- You can also use it to reduce muscle soreness.
- Syrups that include carnations extract are highly recommended for fever and stomach pain.
- Add some carnations into your regular tea to increase blood circulation and control blood pressure.